Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Don't Play Me Off Yet, Stick Man!

Remember that year that Julia Roberts wore that amazing vintage Valentino dress when she took home her Oscar for Best Actress? Her speech was so heartfelt and giddy and breathless. She had so many people to thank that she exclaimed at the onset that it was going to be a long one.

Right off the bat Julia looked over at the conductor and said "I'm going to spend some time here to tell you some things. And sir [speaking to music conductor Bill Conti], you're doing a great job, but you're so quick with that stick. So why don't you sit, 'cause I may never be here again."

Well, I kinda feel like that today. Giddy, breathless, heartfelt. And I'll admit... a bit tired. It's my Oscar day, of sorts. My photo shoot for my second book starts tomorrow, with some last minute preliminary stuff happening today. By Friday at 5:30 PM, all will be a memory. And hopefully a success.  I am really proud of it and hope that it will help you on you metalsmithing journey.

So it seems fitting to send out into the universe, my friends, supporters, students and colleagues a big THANK YOU!


I could not have achieved this sophomore effort without a team. From the day-to-day support of my husband (his middle name is dinner and laundry) to my family and friends who are always ready to lend a helping hand in countless ways. And of course to you, the person reading this on the other side of the screen. Maybe we have met in a class, or through social media, or in an online class. It's you guys that keep me doing what I do by supporting my efforts, buying my books, frequenting my Etsy store and taking my classes.  

So Thank You. The stick man is playing me off. But unlike Julia, I know I'll be here again. Another epic project is always on the horizon. And I hope you will be there with me.

xo

1 comment:

  1. You most certainly know how to rock and roll, Miss Kate! I am giddy with excitement for this new book to come out and wish you nothing but smooth sailing for this photo shoot! Enjoy every moment, but it won't be your last! ;-) Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.