Monday, May 6, 2013

Everything Old is New Again

This past Sunday I went to the Alameda Flea Market with two of my favorite people, Jess and Lisa. I haven't been in such a long time and it's such fun.

First off, the location is lovely!

Right on Alameda Point. It's a great view of the city. It's hard to pay attention when that view is right in front of you.

We started out at 7 AM. Everything there is supposed to be at least 20 years old... and it is...mostly. It's funny, since I grew up with my grandparents it's like taking a walk down memory lane for me. It seems that everything I saw reminded me of my childhood.

For my local Gilroy friends. You'll remember Ford's department store.

There was a lot of stuff that reminded me of my Grampy.
Wood planers.

Oil cans.

And there were things that reminded me of my Gran.
 Accordions. 

Datebooks.

There were life lessons...(HA!)
 How to wash clothes.

How to cook.

There were things I wanted to buy and didn't.
Movie soundtracks.

 Velvet dresses.

Red tap shoes.

Old boxes with old radio stickers.

There were some things I did buy...
Okay, Jess bought them for me. I kind of love them. These are the salt and pepper shakers we had when I was growing up. I also bought a hand mirror, some vintage pins and a hammer. What a great day. We ran into old friends, had good snacks and walked and walked.

If you are in the SF Bay Area on the first Sunday of the month, don't miss it.

You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.