Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Have Dreams...

Yep. I am dreaming of my new studio space in South San Francisco.

Some of you will remember the days of my former bead store in San Francisco, Beadissimo. Boy, those were fun times. And sometimes hard times. But you know what. I missed it. Not the day-to-day grind of owning a retail store, but I missed having a space to call my own. I missed a great classroom where my students could create and learn. I missed hosting special events like trunk shows and having visiting instructors come teach.

So I did something about it and found the coolest space ever for my new little enterprise. It's not a retail store with regular hours. It's a cozy space where students can come and learn and buy a few things and hang out and be creative.

Saturday is moving day and things will be up and running by December with great plans for the New Year. You can find a schedule of classes and events on this page. The calendar is empty now, but not for long! Bookmark it and while you are at it how about joining my email list to stay in the loop? Your info is private, of course and you'll just get stuff from me about what's happening at the new studio.

Dreams? You bet. I have dreams.


(Thanks to my cousin Zoe... she made this video from our ring making extravaganza at this year's Maker Faire 2012

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful video! The music really rocks the Kate vibe. Who is that singing? I'd love to come to S.F. and visit/take classes/hang out with you. There's so much to learn, so little time, but so much desire and passion. Congratulations on getting your cast off and getting your new studio done. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on your new studio. If I lived closer (I'm in Florida), I'd take some classes with you. Good luck on this latest adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.