Monday, January 30, 2012

Mystery Challenge Bracelet

The January Mystery Reader's Challenge hosted by Andrew Thornton is up!

Our kits contained really beautiful beads and a mystery component.


I made more components to mix with them. Various gauges of soldered and hammered copper jump rings, headpins and wire. I kept the firescale patina as is. I think it gives the pieces nice dimension.


Then I tossed it around on my bead board and came up with this bracelet and earrings...

Bracelet and earrings.
Earrings up close.
The mystery component made by Andrew.
I incorporated the handmade links in the bracelet.
I used the twig component to make the toggle bar.

I really love the way it came out! Thanks Andrew for hosting. This was a lovely mix of beads to work with.

Be sure to check out the other great pieces in this blog hop. 

Alice Bavaud hosted on Andrew Thornton's blog

10 comments:

  1. Great use for the twig! Your bracelet is just teeming with the promise of Spring! It would give great color pop to anything you wear this time of year! (Glad I found your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have totally rocked it! I love, love LOVE what you have done with the kit. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the copper links you made! The copper goes very nicely with yellow and green colors. Love the bracelet and the earrings. - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I love what you did and the copper components you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you've done with the kit. Great look with the copper, too. I've also done an entry, which due to my own slackness I didn't let Andrew know in time I had anything to share. Hope you go and take a look, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the twig bar! This looks like it will be great to welcome spring with, the colors are so fresh!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your copper components! They look great with the yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the bracelet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool copper links, and great use of the twig. I love both creations!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.